OBLONG COMMUNITY UNIT SCHOOL DISTRICT #4
BOARD OF EDUCATION
ORDER OF BUSINESS
September 21, 2009
A. Call to Order - 8:00 P.M.
B. Roll Call
C. Recognition and comments from employees and public
(Any person wishing to speak on any action item on the agenda
will be granted five minutes to make their presentation.)
D. Adoption of Consent Agenda
Action by the Board of Education in adoption of the Consent Agenda
at this point of the agenda means that all items appearing in the
agenda which have asterisks (*) in the right hand column (which
items constitute the consent agenda) are adopted by one single
motion unless a member requests the withdrawal of any item under
the consent grouping for independent consideration contingent upon
approval by majority of a quorum of the Board. Generally consent
agenda items are matters which the Board and Superintendent consent
are routine in nature and focus on other-than-routine matters on the
E. ACTION ITEMS
1. Disposition of regular, special and/or closed session minutes *
2. Financial Report *
3. Payment of bills *
1. Approve 2009-2010 Budget
2. Committee Reports
3. Academic Foundation Report
1. Presentation of Administrative Salary Compensation Report
2. Authorize Superintendent to advertise the sale of two busses
3. First reading of Special Education Procedures.
4. Approve FCCLA request to attend the Illinois FCCLA Peer Education
and Leadership Training Seminar on Oct. 4-5, 2009 in Springfield, IL.
5. Discuss request to start a Fellowship of Christian Athletes Organization.
6. Discuss approval of FFA’s request to attend the National FFA Convention in
Indianapolis, IN on October 21-24, 2009.
7. Discuss approval FFA grant application.
8. Report on High School & Grade School Improvement Plans.
9. Approve Annual Report of Recognition *
10. To go into closed session to consider information regarding appointment,
employment or dismissal of employee.
11. Take action upon dismissal or non-renewal of employees